SU Internet Procurement, also referred to as iProcurement, is used to facilitate the purchasing of goods and services through a suite of connected systems including: Stanford’s Amazon Business account, SmartMart Catalog Suppliers, Non-Catalog Requests and SmartMart Contracts.
SmartMart offers two features:
- Catalog Suppliers is used for purchasing goods from suppliers that have special pricing provided to Stanford.
- Contracts is used for most purchases of goods and services that require Stanford signature, regardless of dollar amount, including zero dollar agreements.
When to Use SmartMart Catalog Suppliers
SmartMart Catalog Suppliers is Stanford's online catalog ordering system, available in iProcurement, which includes specially-priced products offered by pre-negotiated suppliers.
Amazon Business and SmartMart Catalog Suppliers are the recommended and preferred purchasing methods at Stanford. While both options offer a range of products, SmartMart Catalog Suppliers provides a wider selection of Lab and Medical products.
Use SmartMart Catalog Suppliers to search for an item across many catalogs or to select a specific supplier's site to shop or customize an item. SmartMart currently includes many suppliers selling lab supplies, chemicals, computer software and hardware, compressed gases, capital equipment, tax-free alcohol, industrial supplies, electrical components, radioactives and more.
Invoices for purchases made through Stanford's SmartMart Catalogs are electronically sent by the supplier to Accounts Payable for payment and do not need to be submitted by the department.
Gaining Access to iProcurement
New users of the iProcurement suite will need to:
- Have your school/department grant you "SU Internet Procurement" authority privilege using the Authority Manager application. For help determining who can grant authority in your organization, refer to Topic Overview: View Financial Authority Assignments.
- Complete required online training. Click on the course links below to review course objectives and access an express link to enroll in STARS.
Students and Post-Grads require an additional set-up. To request student access to Oracle Financials, please submit a support request.
March 2023, FMS reached out to individuals who received automatic access to iProcurement prior to 2/20/23 and provide instructions on the need to complete the above required training by midnight on June 18, 2023 to retain their current iProcurement access. For more information, see news announcement Change to iProcurement Access: New Course Supports Preferred Purchasing at Stanford.
For important information on which browsers are authorized for the iProcurement system (including SmartMart), review the Administrative System Browser Requirements.
The following online course is available to help members of the Stanford community select the most appropriate purchasing methods for their transactions, recognizing why one method is better than another and what risks and benefits are associated with using one method as opposed to another. Successful completion of the course is recommended for all individuals involved in the purchasing process and required for those who need access to iProcurement.
For step-by-step instructions, refer to the How To section of this page.
|New SmartMart Orders
Assign Shopping Carts in SmartMart
|Assign SmartMart Requisitions During iProcurement Checkout
Share Shopping Carts in SmartMart
|Change/Cancel/Close Purchase Orders
|Receiving and Returns
- Step-by-step instructions for transaction approvers are available at:
- SmartMart Supplier Contacts and Shipping Information
- Buy & Pay Guide
- Expenditure Type Query (Launch Oracle and open SU Inquiry Tools and Forms folder)
- Expenditure Types and Suppliers Exempted from Sales Tax
- Definitions and Examples of Common Tax Exempt Categories
- Research Alcohol Purchase Authorization Form
- Common Browser Issues and Resolutions
- Purchase Order and Requisition detail reporting can be performed using the OBI Procure to Pay Dashboard. Use the dashboard to report on purchase requisitions, purchase orders, AP Invoices, Suppliers and Supplier Payments.
- Additionally, to search for requisitions and POs, and to view details and invoices, use the Requisition and Purchase Orders Query tool.
- Preparers and approvers can view the status of pending iProcurement transactions using the Pending Transactions Query tool.
For information about OBI, refer to OBI Financial Reporting.