StudentUniverse is one of several booking channels within the Stanford Travel Program. StudentUniverse, a robust online booking system, offers unique features and benefits designed especially for booking airfare and lodging for student travel. StudentUniverse specializes in faculty-led student groups. Other booking channels included in the Stanford Travel Program may be more appropriate for the travel need.
StudentUniverse provides airline booking services under negotiated rates and terms. Stanford travelers may purchase their individual travel online via the StudentUniverse portal for Stanford, which has unique features and benefits designed for students. Students may use this channel to book all travel, including university-sponsored travel and personal flights to and from campus sessions. StudentUniverse is the recommended option for students traveling to Stanford overseas programs.
StudentUniverse is integrated with Stanford's provider of traveler assistance in the event of an emergency.
When to Use StudentUniverse
It is highly encouraged that Stanford travelers use Stanford Travel Program booking channels when booking flights, hotels, and rental cars for university-sponsored travel. Stanford Travel booking channels automatically register itineraries and any booking updates to the Travel Registry, streamline the reimbursement process, and offer discounts, benefits, and perks to travelers. In addition, the Stanford Travel team can provide specialized assistance as needed to travelers who book through Stanford Travel.
While Stanford Travel booking channels are a great option for most domestic and international travel, there are certain types of travel that need to be booked directly with the airline or hotel. These may include regional air travel offered by local carriers, travel for field research, ticket exchanges or reissues, or certain group reservations. See the Airfare and Lodging pages for more detail on booking and managing those travel arrangements. For information on the booking processes for various types of travelers, see Topic Overview: Travel Process.
For more information about business and travel policies see the Topic Overview: Business and Travel Expense Policies.
StudentUniverse features and benefits
- Discounted rates on student airfare
- Dedicated support team
- Experts in international and domestic air travel
- 24/7 emergency assistance
Transaction Preparers: When applicable, be sure to select "Stanford Travel – StudentUniverse" as the booking method in the travel expense report.
All active Stanford undergraduates, graduate students, and post-doctoral students have StudentUniverse profiles.
To ensure timely delivery of travel alerts, the Stanford Travel team highly recommends downloading the StudentUniverse mobile app and any other travel supplier apps relevant to your travel itinerary.
How to Access Your Profile
If this is your first time logging in to StudentUniverse:
- Go to the StudentUniverse portal for Stanford, click the link to log in at the upper right, select "Forgot password?" and enter your Stanford email address. A password reset link will be emailed to you.
- Click the reset link in your email to return to the StudentUniverse portal.
- Enter your email address as a User Name, and create a new password. Your StudentUniverse portal is now accessible, and your profile can be accessed by clicking on account settings in the top right corner.
Individuals Booking Online
Students may purchase and book their individual travel online on the StudentUniverse portal for Stanford.
- All active Stanford undergraduates, graduate students, and post-doctoral students automatically have profiles in StudentUniverse.
- When booking university-sponsored travel, students must use their @stanford.edu email address and login and complete their booking within the StudentUniverse portal for Stanford.
Individuals Booking Travel with an Agent
For extra assistance with individual travel, contact StudentUniverse:
- By phone: call 1-866-761-0068
- By email: contact @email
Service fees may apply when booking travel with an agent.
For student groups of 10 or more, visit the StudentUniverse group travel webpage to learn more. When the group trip is ready to book, contact the designated group coordinator at StudentUniverse:
- Suzi Perlman
Maintaining Your Travel Profile
- Review your profile to ensure your name is an exact match to your government ID. Learn how to change your profile name.
- Add your cell phone number. (If based in the US, international code is +1)
- Select your gender
- Add your date of birth
- If you have a passport, please provide the country of origin and country of citizenship.
- Add your passport number and expiry date in the Additional passport information section
Please note that frequent flyer or loyalty numbers cannot be saved to your StudentUniverse profile, but they can be added directly to your reservation on the airline site.
This course is required for Stanford Travel Card (TCard) holders and is recommended for all business travelers.
- Flight cancellations and exchanges
- Unused nonrefundable airline tickets
- Conference cancellations and reimbursement
- Cancellation fees
- Expense accruals