SU Internet Procurement, also referred to as iProcurement, is used to facilitate the purchasing of goods and services through a suite of connected systems including: Stanford’s Amazon Business account, SmartMart Catalog Suppliers, Non-Catalog Requests and SmartMart Contracts.
SmartMart offers two primary features:
- Contracts is used for purchases of goods and services that require Stanford signature, regardless of dollar amount, including zero dollar purchases.
- Catalog Suppliers is used for purchasing goods from suppliers that have special pricing provided to Stanford.
When a procurement transaction requires a signed agreement between the supplier and Stanford, a contract request is initiated in SmartMart Contracts. Suppliers must be active in the Stanford supplier database. Review Topic Overview: New Supplier and Payee Records. SmartMart Contracts interfaces with iProcurement, which allows users to complete PTA allocations and review and select appropriate financial approvers. Once the contract is signed and the purchase order is fully approved, work can begin and invoices may be processed.
When to Use SmartMart Contracts
Prior to submitting a contract request to Procurement Services through SmartMart Contracts, review the Topic Overview: Contracts to learn about goods and services that require a contract and the contract request process.
Gaining Access to iProcurement
New users of the iProcurement suite will need to:
- Have your school/department grant you "SU Internet Procurement" authority privilege using the Authority Manager application. For help determining who can grant authority in your organization, refer to Topic Overview: View Financial Authority Assignments.
- Complete required online training. Click on the course links below to review course objectives and access an express link to enroll in STARS.
Students and Post-Grads require an additional set-up. To request student access to Oracle Financials, please submit a support request.
March 2023, FMS reached out to individuals who received automatic access to iProcurement prior to 2/20/23 and provide instructions on the need to complete the above required training by midnight on June 18, 2023 to retain their current iProcurement access. For more information, see news announcement Change to iProcurement Access: New Course Supports Preferred Purchasing at Stanford.
For important information on which browsers are authorized for the iProcurement system (including SmartMart), review the Administrative System Browser Requirements.
The following online course is available to help members of the Stanford community select the most appropriate purchasing methods for their transactions, recognizing why one method is better than another and what risks and benefits are associated with using one method as opposed to another. Successful completion of the course is recommended for all individuals involved in the purchasing process and required for those who need access to iProcurement.
New iProcurement users are strongly encouraged to explore these materials to support using SmartMart Contracts:
For step-by-step instructions, refer to the How To section of this page.
|The following how to instructions are available:
|Non-Catalog Purchase Requisitions
The SmartMart Contracts system will initiate an iProcurement non-catalog requisition and notify the preparer when it is time to add allocations and approvers to contract requisitions.
For other iProcurement related instructions, see Learn About iProcurement Non-Catalog Requests.
- Purchase Order and Requisition detail reporting can be performed using the OBI Procure to Pay Dashboard. Use the dashboard to report on purchase requisitions, purchase orders, AP Invoices, Suppliers and Supplier Payments.
- Additionally, to search for requisitions and POs, and to view details and invoices, use the Requisition and Purchase Orders Query tool.
- Preparers and approvers can view the status of pending iProcurement transactions using the Pending Transactions Query tool.
For information about OBI, refer to OBI Financial Reporting.