Non-Catalog Requests are a method of purchasing goods and services in iProcurement.
A non-catalog purchase requisition, also called a non-catalog request, is a purchasing method accessed through iProcurement that is used to purchase services or goods. Before initiating a new non-catalog purchase requisition, Stanford purchasers should review goods offered by Amazon Business and SmartMart Catalog Suppliers, which offer a streamlined and efficient ordering process.
To review the purchase order process, including required documentation and requirements for certain transactions, refer to Topic Overview: Purchase Order Process.
Purchases Requiring a Contract
- A contract is required for most purchases of goods and services that require Stanford signature, regardless of dollar amount, including zero dollar agreements.
- New and amended contract requests of any or no dollar amount are submitted to Procurement Services through the SmartMart Contracts system within iProcurement.
- To learn more about that contracts process at Stanford, refer to Topic Overview: Contracts.
Gaining Access to iProcurement
All university employees with active SUNet IDs are automatically granted access to iProcurement. There is only one level of access in iProcurement.
Non-employee students require sponsorship by a Stanford employee. To request access, please submit a support request.
For important information on which browsers are authorized for iProcurement, review the Administrative System Browser Requirements.
New iProcurement learning solutions are in development with a planned release of summer 2022.
Until then, new employees can access existing training materials from the following course overview pages:
|New Non-Catalog Requests||
|Equipment Loans and Purchases|
|Change/Cancel/Close Purchase Orders|
|Receiving and Returns|
- Buy & Pay Guide
- Expenditure Type Query (Launch Oracle and open SU Inquiry Tools and Forms folder)
- Expenditure Types and Suppliers Exempted from Sales Tax
- Definitions and Examples of Common Tax Exempt Categories
- Single/Sole Source Justification Form
- Subaward Resources on the DoResearch website
- Common Browser Issues and Resolutions
- For information about purchase requisitions, purchase orders, AP invoices, suppliers and supplier payments reporting, use:
Refer to OBI Financial Reporting system for more information.
- For information about pending transactions, refer to Oracle Financials Inquiry Tools: Pending Transactions.