Egencia is one of several booking channels within the Stanford Travel Program. Egencia, a robust online booking system, can be used to book airfare, lodging and ground transportation. Egencia is used primarily to book domestic and standard international trips, either online or with an experienced travel agent. Other booking channels included in the Stanford Travel Program may be more appropriate for the travel need.
Egencia provides airline, lodging and ground transportation booking services under negotiated rates and terms. Egencia is integrated with Stanford's provider of traveler assistance in the event of an emergency.
When to Use Egencia
Per the Administrative Guide Policy 5.4.2: Business and Travel Expenses, to be reimbursed for university-sponsored travel, faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars and students must use a Stanford Travel booking channel when booking airfare (with limited exemptions). Travelers may also use this program when booking hotels and rental cars for university-sponsored travel. Complete policy details are available in the Business and Travel Expense Policies overview.
Stanford employees may book personal hotel stays on Egencia to take advantage of Stanford-negotiated rates. Airline flights may only be booked on Egencia for university-related business or when adding a personal leg to a business trip. Rental cars for personal use only may not be booked through Egencia.
Egencia Features and Benefits
- Book online or with an experienced travel agent.
- Save up to 25% on discounted air, hotels and car rentals.
- Pay with a Stanford travel card (preferred) or personal credit card.
- Arrange travel on behalf of other faculty, staff or visitors.
- Earn supplier loyalty program points and eligible benefits.
- Savings Finder technology automatically searches for lower airfare and hotel rates.
- For travelers who have found lower fares elsewhere, the Egencia Promise Flight Price Guarantee may apply for qualifying tickets. Contact an Egencia agent for assistance.
- Reservations are sent to International SOS for traveler assistance in the event of an international incident.
Transaction Preparers: When completing a travel expense report, be sure to select "Stanford Travel – Egencia" as the booking method.
All active faculty, staff and students have Egencia profiles. Due to Stanford’s single sign-on (SSO) requirements, Stanford travelers must access Egencia by logging in to stanfordtravel.stanford.edu with their SUNet ID and password.
To use the Egencia mobile app, download the app and sign in using the SSO link.
- Request an Egencia profile.
- After the profile has been created, log in to Egencia with your SUNet ID and password.
- Request a guest profile that can be used to book guest travelers.
Groups and Meetings
- Online Meeting tool: For airfare for meeting attendees traveling to or from multiple locations, submit a support request.
- Full service meetings: For groups of 10 or more who are traveling together and/or who require meeting venue sourcing, complete the Egencia Meeting Request Form.
Maintaining Your Travel Profile
- Review your profile to ensure your name is an exact match to your government ID. Learn how to change your profile name.
- (Optional) Select your travel arranger who may book your trips.
- Add your frequent flyer and loyalty numbers.
- Add your known traveler number (TSA PreCheck or Global Entry) if you have one.
- Set up Egencia On the Go flight alerts.
Booking Travel with an Agent
For agent assistance, contact Egencia:
- By phone: call 1-877-219-1159, 24 hours a day
- By email: contact @email
Service fees may apply when booking travel with an agent.
Booking with the Mobile App
After downloading the Egencia app from the App Store on your mobile device, log in using the SSO login link in the lower right corner.
- Add a Form of Payment in Egencia
- Add a Travel Arranger in Egencia (For Stanford Travelers)
- Add a Traveler in Egencia (For Travel Arrangers)
- Add Loyalty Membership Numbers in Egencia
- Change Travel Profile Name for Stanford University Travelers
- Book and Manage Guest Travel in Egencia
- Book Multi-Person Travel Using Stanford Booking Channels
- Manage Travel for Others as a Travel Arranger in Egencia
- Pay for an Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Behalf of Someone
- Flight cancellations and exchanges
- Unused nonrefundable airline tickets
- Conference cancellations and reimbursement
- Cancellation fees
- Expense accruals