Egencia is one of several booking channels within the Stanford Travel Program. Egencia, a robust online booking system, can be used to book airfare, lodging and ground transportation. Egencia is used primarily to book domestic and standard international trips, either online or with an experienced travel agent. Other booking channels included in the Stanford Travel Program may be more appropriate for the travel need.
Egencia provides airline, lodging and ground transportation booking services under negotiated rates and terms. Egencia is integrated with Stanford’s provider of traveler assistance in the event of an emergency.
When to Use Egencia
It is highly encouraged that Stanford travelers use Stanford Travel Program booking channels when booking flights, hotels, and rental cars for university-sponsored travel. Stanford Travel booking channels automatically register itineraries and any booking updates to the Travel Registry, streamline the reimbursement process, and offer discounts, benefits, and perks to travelers. In addition, the Stanford Travel team can provide specialized assistance as needed to travelers who book through Stanford Travel.
While Stanford Travel booking channels are a great option for most domestic and international travel, there are certain types of travel that need to be booked directly with the airline or hotel. These may include regional air travel offered by local carriers, travel for field research, ticket exchanges or reissues, or certain group reservations. See the Airfare and Lodging pages for more detail on booking and managing those travel arrangements. For information on the booking processes for various types of travelers, see Topic Overview: Travel Process.
For more information about business and travel policies see the Topic Overview: Business and Travel Expense Policies.
Egencia Features and Benefits
- Book online or with an experienced travel agent.
- Save up to 25% on discounted air, hotels and car rentals.
- Pay with a Stanford travel card (preferred) or personal credit card.
- Arrange travel on behalf of other faculty, staff or visitors.
- Earn supplier loyalty program points and eligible benefits.
- Savings Finder technology automatically searches for lower airfare and hotel rates.
- For travelers who have found lower fares elsewhere, the Egencia Promise Flight Price Guarantee may apply for qualifying tickets. Contact an Egencia agent for assistance.
- Reservations are sent to International SOS for traveler assistance in the event of an international incident.
Transaction Preparers: When completing a travel expense report, be sure to select "Stanford Travel – Egencia" as the booking method.
All active faculty, staff and students have Egencia profiles. Due to Stanford’s single sign-on (SSO) requirements, Stanford travelers must access Egencia by logging in to stanfordtravel.stanford.edu with their SUNet ID and password.
To ensure timely delivery of travel alerts, the Stanford Travel team highly recommends downloading the Egencia mobile app and any other travel supplier apps relevant to your travel itinerary.
- To use the Egencia mobile app, download the app and sign in using the SSO link.
- Request an Egencia profile.
- After the profile has been created, log in to Egencia with your SUNet ID and password.
- Request a guest profile that can be used to book guest travelers.
Groups and Meetings
- Online Meeting tool: For airfare for meeting attendees traveling to or from multiple locations, submit a support request.
- Full service meetings: As of fall 2023, this service is not offered by Egencia. The Stanford Travel team recommends the use of Key Travel if this type of service is needed.
Maintaining Your Travel Profile
- Review your profile to ensure your name is an exact match to your government ID. Learn how to change your profile name.
- Add your frequent flyer and loyalty numbers.
- Add your known traveler number (TSA PreCheck or Global Entry) if you have one.
- Add your passport details, if available.
Visit How To Manage your Profile in Egencia for additional instructions.
Booking Travel with an Agent
For agent assistance, contact Egencia:
- By phone: call 1-202-414-2334, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- By email: contact @email
Service fees may apply when booking travel with an agent.
Booking with the Mobile App
After downloading the Egencia app from the App Store on your mobile device, log in using the SSO login link in the lower right corner.
For Stanford Travelers and Travel Arrangers
For Stanford Travelers
For Travel Arrangers
- Flight cancellations and exchanges
- Unused nonrefundable airline tickets
- Conference cancellations and reimbursement
- Cancellation fees
- Expense accruals