This online course helps members of the Stanford community select the most appropriate purchasing methods for their transactions, recognizing why one method is better than another and what risks and benefits are associated with using one method as opposed to another. Successful completion of the course is recommended for all individuals involved in the purchasing process and required for those who need access to iProcurement.
By completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the various purchase categories and purchasing methods
- Explain how the three types of purchasing and payment methods differ
- Fulfill your role and responsibilities in the purchasing process
- Identify the preferred purchasing methods for various types of goods and services
- Avoid the risks involved with non-preferred purchasing methods
- Apply policies back to your school or unit
To complete this course, you will need to pass the final test with a score of 80% or higher.
Prior to enrolling in this course, complete prerequisite courses in the learning path below.