PCard is a custom module of the Oracle Financials system used to verify, edit, search, approve or withdraw charges made against Stanford Purchasing Cards. Purchasing Cards (PCards) are Stanford liability credit cards issued to approved university employees to make university business purchases.
University-issued PCards are not the most effective or cost-efficient purchasing method. For more information, refer to Topic Overview: Purchase Goods and Topic Overview: Stanford's Purchasing Card Program.
Types of Transactions in the PCard Module
Designated Purchasing Card Verifiers with access to the PCard module can review transaction details, enter complete business purposes, attach supporting receipts and documentation, verify sales tax, verify/update charge accounts (PTAE) and, as needed, flag transactions for dispute with the merchant and/or bank. There can be only one verifier at a time per PCard account.
Approvers with access to the PCard module can review transaction details and either approve, edit or return the transaction to the verifier with comments. Edits may include updating charge accounts or adding approvers or FYI recipients to the Approval Routing List.
How Do I Start Using the PCard Module?
There is only one level of access to the PCard module in Oracle. "SU PCard" responsibility enables authorized Verifiers and Approvers to review and approve PCard transactions.
Before using the PCard module in Oracle Financials, do the following:
- Complete the required training for new users.
- Be granted self-serve privilege, "SU PCard," in the Authority Manager application by your school or department.
- Submit the PCard Application or request PCard changes.
- For new PCard accounts: To become a Verifier for a new PCard account, list your name as the Verifier on the PCard Application (normally submitted by the Cardholder or Custodian of a Department Card).
- For existing PCard accounts: To become a new Verifier for an existing PCard Account, follow How To: Manage Stanford Purchasing Card (PCard)/Travel Card (TCard) Account Profile to request changes.
For the Oracle Financials features and functions to work properly on PC and Mac computers, use recommended browsers. Review the Administrative System Browser Requirements webpage.
For New Users
PCard reporting can be performed using the Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) Expense Requests and SU Card Activity dashboard. Use the dashboard to report on:
- Credit Card Transactions: This report displays all Travel Card and Purchasing Card transactions with merchant, charging and approval details.
- Credit Card Transactions Aging: This report displays the same information as the Credit Card Transaction report but has no date parameters so it finds all Travel Card and Purchasing Card transactions that have not been posted to a PTA.
- SU Credit Card Custodian Report: This report displays both the active and inactive (as indicated by the column Credit Card Inactive Date) Purchasing Cards and Travel Cards for a PTA or Organization and details of respective Credit Card Holders and Verifiers, daily and monthly charged limits.
For information about OBI, refer to OBI Financial Reporting.