Learn how to purchase items using SmartMart Catalog Suppliers.
Before You Start
It is necessary to set up iProcurement preferences.
Users who intend to only prepare shopping carts and assign them to others do not need to set up iProcurement preferences.
- Select SU Internet Procurement
- Select SmartMart Catalog Suppliers
- Enter search term in Shop area at the top middle of page
- Find item(s) and add to cart
- Search for any additional items as needed (hosted or punch-out)
- When shopping is done, select shopping cart at top right
- Select supplier's site to shop or customize item
- Find an item and add it to the supplier punch-out shopping cart
- Continue through the supplier's checkout until the item(s) are returned to SmartMart Catalog Suppliers' shopping cart Search for any additional items (hosted or punch-out).
- Select shopping cart icon to view contents
- Select Assign Cart
- Select Search for an Assignee. Search by last name.
- Select user's name
- Write the assignee a note (optional)
- Select Assign For more information, assignees may refer to How To: Locate and Act on Your Assigned SmartMart Catalog Suppliers Cart.
- Click Create iProcurement Requisition
- Click Checkout
- Select Share my cart with others checkbox
- Select the group name from the pull down
- Select Update to save the shopping cart and view it or (if previously locked) make the shopping cart available to other members in the group
- Select Update and Unlock The shared cart will automatically unlock after 15 minutes if no action is taken.
Communicate with the group to establish when the cart will need to be completed and to establish who will create an iProcurement requisition with the shared cart. Establish a timeline so everyone understands when the order will be placed
You may assign the requisition/cart to another Stanford user in iProcurement from any of the shopping applications within iProcurement: Amazon Business, Non-Catalog Requisition, CardinalTemps and SmartMart Catalog Suppliers. For more information, refer to How To: Assign a Cart in iProcurement.
- Review and edit information in the Description field (if necessary) Requisition Description defaults to the first line item on the requisition to provide a clear explanation of the business purpose for purchase.
- Add justification information in the Note to Approver field
A single shopping cart cannot have multiple delivery locations within Stanford. You can enter all the information for delivery in your Preferences to pre-populate these fields.
- Review/update delivery information:
- Need-By Date
- Deliver-To Location (For more information, refer to How To: Change Deliver-To Location)
- Department Name
- Attention To
In Preferences, enter all the information for billing to pre-populate these fields. You can enter several PTAs under My Allocations to allow choices from the drop-down menu.
- Review/update billing information:
- Expenditure Type
- Refer to Stanford’s Buy & Pay Guide for a list of common expenditure types.
- Search by using the Expenditure Type Lookup Tool (Launch Oracle and select the SU Inquiry Tools and Forms link).
- For Standard Capital Equipment purchases, refer to Common Expenditure Types for Property and Equipment.
- Expenditure Item Date
Alternatively, select pre-set billing information from the My Favorite drop-down menu and select Apply
- Change the allocation percentage
- Add multiple PTAs to one line
- Change the Expenditure Type for one line
- Scroll down to the product table below the Delivery and Billing sections
- Select the lines and select the Update button to change multiple lines at one time, or select the pencil icon under Update Line on the far right to make a change to an individual line
- Update Line Screen: Change the Description, Quantity, Unit of Measure, Unit Price or Supplier in the Update Line screen
- To change the allocation, select the plus sign to add a new line
- Replace the pre-populated PTAE information in the new line with the PTAE desired
- Enter the Percent, Quantity or Amount information to total 100% for lines selected Only the Percent, Quantity or Amount field needs to be entered. The other fields will populate automatically when you TAB out of the field you used. Entering percent amounts in decimal quantities is permitted, but the total percent must equal 100% before proceeding.
- Select the box next to Apply this Cost Allocation information to apply the allocation to all requisition lines in the shopping cart
- Select Apply to complete and return to the Edit and Submit Requisition page
- Review the requisition details in each line
- Select the box(es) of the line you want to edit
- Select the Update button to change the single PTA to another single PTA for all the lines selected (you can modify Need-By-Date, the Project, Task, Award or Expenditure Type).
- Select Copy to make exact copies of the selected lines
- Select Delete to delete selected lines
- Select the Update button or the pencil icon in the Update Line column at the far right to view the PTA information for the selected line If the Favorite you selected did not have an Expenditure Type, use the pencil icon in the Update Line column to add the Expenditure Type to a single line.
- If tax should not be applied to a particular line or if the Research Tax Credit should be applied, override by selecting the appropriate tax category from the Tax Category drop-down menu (for more information, refer to the Common Sales Tax Exempt Categories)
- Select the Guidance for Ensuring Price Reasonableness link to read the policy
- Select the box to acknowledge your compliance with Stanford's Price Reasonableness policy
Add the Department Property Administrator (DPA) as the first approver in the routing list if using the Standard Capital Equipment, Standard Lease Equipment or Standard Change Order – Equipment Lease categories.
- Verify approvers
- Select the Manage Approvals button at the far right to update approvers if necessary
- Select the Manage FYI Viewers button at the far right to add viewers if necessary
FYI Viewers cannot approve, reject or comment on requisitions routed to them.
All Standard Lease Equipment or Standard Change Order – Equipment Lease changes or modifications should go to Procurement Services – Purchasing Services.
All Standard Lease Real Estate and Standard Change Order – Real Estate changes or modifications should go to Land, Buildings & Real Estate.
For orders $25,000 and over:
- Required: Attachments of one or more Competitive Bids or a completed Single/Sole Source Justification form.
Purchasing will reject requisitions submitted without the necessary attachments.
- Strongly advised: Attachments of one or more Competitive Bids or a completed Single/Sole Source Justification form
- Select Add Attachments to attach backup documentation (doc, pdf, xls, jpeg, etc.)
- Enter a Title of the attachment (e.g., single/sole source justification form or a justification, competitive bids, confirmation of foreign shipment, lease agreement or proposal)
- Select Category for attachment from drop-down list (Buyer, Rush Payment, To Supplier or Will Call Check)
Buyers see attachments to requisitions that are over $25,000 but Accounts Payable cannot see these attachments to the Requisition. Rush Payment requests and Will Call Check requests are only viewed by Accounts Payable when the invoice is uploaded via Requisition and PO Query and the correct queue is designated for the invoice to be processed as a Rush or Will Call request.
The "To Supplier" attachment category should be used to let a supplier know that an "Order will be placed online; do not duplicate." This applies if an online website requires you to provide a purchase order number when using a company's website to place an order (excludes all SmartMart Catalog Suppliers punchout sites).
- Select attachment type (File, URL or text)
- Enter the file path, URL or text message
- Select Add Another to immediately add next attachment or select Apply
Once Apply has been selected, you will receive a confirmation: Attachment XXX has been added successfully but not committed. It will be committed when you submit the current transaction.
If the item (Non-Capital) will be shipped to Stanford University from a foreign country, customs forms and fees, as well as freight forwarding services, will need to be provided by a customs broker. These fees will be paid automatically as part of the shipping costs, and you do not need to enter a separate line for shipping.
- Add an attachment as in the step above
- Enter customs information in the Title field
- Leave the Attachment Title field blank
- Select the To Supplier category
- Select the text attachment type
- Enter this information in the text field:
JAS (formerly TIGERS)
800 AIRPORT BLVD., SUITE 518
BURLINGAME, CA 94010
When the requisition is fully approved and becomes a PO, you should receive a copy of it through your notifications. Forward a copy of the PO on to the customs broker. You can contact them at the information above.
- Select the Save, Submit or Return to Shopping button at the bottom or top right of the page
- Select Save to store requisition with an Incomplete status for a later submittal
- Upon approval, the order is placed with the suppliers.
- An email will be sent from the supplier confirming the order and with the estimated time of arrival.