This page provides instructions for how to change a PTA (Project, Task, Award) on an approved purchase order (PO) with remaining funds of $1,000 or less. This will allow future invoices to be paid by that changed PTA line. PTA changes do not affect paid invoices, please use iJournals to change the PTAE on past and pending payments.
If you need to change either the Expenditure Type on a PO or a PTA on a PO with more than $1,000 remaining funds, you can submit a Standard Change Order. See How To: Change a Standard Non-Catalog Purchase Order (Create Change Order).
Change a PTA on an Approved Purchase Order
Before You Start
- The replacement PTA must be currently valid for this type of expense (not closed or on-hold). For more information on valid PTAs, see, Understanding PTA Status and End Date Validations for Invoice Processing.
- PTA changes cannot be made to line items that have been "received" in iProcurement. If the PO line item you are seeking to pay is marked as “received,” see How To: Correct Receiving to reverse receiving to proceed. to reverse receiving to proceed.
- Submit a Support Request, (How To: Change PTA on Purchase Order (PO) With Less Than $1,000 Remaining on the total amount of the PO) with the following information:
- Purchase Order (PO) Number
- Existing Project Task Award (PTA)
- Replacement Project Task Award (PTA)
- The PTA can only be changed to one other PTA
- The Expenditure Type cannot be changed via the Change PTA under $1,000 process
- Submit a change order via iProcurement to make the following changes that apply to active (not Finally Closed) purchase orders: (See How To: Change a Standard Non-Catalog Purchase Order (Create Change Order).
- Reasons to Change a Purchase Order:
- Change a PTA or Move Funds From One PTA Line to Another Line
- Change one or more Expenditure Types
- Add funds
For more information, see Topic Overview: Purchase Order Process for more information on change activities
The support request for “How To: Change PTA on Purchase Order (PO) With Less Than $1,000 Remaining on the total amount of the PO” is sent to the Financial Support Center (FSC) to make the change to the specific PTA on the Purchase Order. You will be notified by email from the support request when the task is completed. The FSC will send a notification if the PTA change cannot be made according to your request.