Stanford University mails the 1099, W-2 and other tax forms to individuals at the beginning of every calendar year. The following table provides specific dates by which each form must be mailed. If you do not receive your form within a reasonable timeframe after the listed mailing date or if you have questions regarding your form, refer to the Help Resources column.
Student Loan Interest Statements (Form 1098-E) are issued directly to the borrower by the lending agency or servicing organization. Employees of affiliated entities, such as Stanford Hospital & Clinics or Stanford Sierra Camp, should contact the entity directly for their W-2 Form.
|Tax Form||Description||Mailed by||Help Resources|
|592-B||California Nonresident Withholding Statement||January 31||Submit a support request for assistance|
|1042-S||Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding||March 15||
To request a duplicate form submit a support request to Payroll
For more information on the Form 1042, refer to the IRS website
|1095-B, 1095-C||Health Insurance||January 31||
To request a copy submit a support request
To learn more about the IRS Form 1095, read the FAQs
|1098||Mortgage Interest Statement for Stanford issued loans||January 31||To request a copy, call 650-724-6553 or email Mortgage Receivables Department|
|1098-T||Tuition Statement||January 31||Visit Student Financial Services for 1098-T resources|
|1099-MISC||Miscellaneous Income||January 31||To request a copy submit a support request|
|1099-NEC||Non-Employee Compensation (NEC)||January 31||To request a copy submit a support request|
|Fellowship Letter||Courtesy Letter – Fellowship Stipend Paid to University Scholars||January 31||If the official letter has not been received submit a support request to Payroll|
Employee Wage and Tax Statement
Former employees: contact the Financial Support Center
For more information on W-2s, refer to W-2 Statements
To request another W-2, refer to How to: Order Duplicate W-2
To opt into or cancel W-2 delivery, refer to How to Elect/Cancel
To change the address for W-2s and checks, refer to How to Update Address
W-2 Delivery Schedule
- By January 15: W-2 Forms are available online for employees who have opted for online delivery.
- By January 31: Paper W-2 Forms are mailed to employees who have not opted for online delivery.
- February 15: Paper W-2 Form reprints are available.
- To update your federal and/or state income tax withholding allowances, visit Axess and go to the Employee Center and click on View/Edit Withholdings.
- For instructions and more information on tax withholding allowances, refer to How to Declare Federal and State Income Tax Withholding (W-4/DE-4).
- If you have additional questions about these tax documents, please refer to the IRS website.