This page provides instructions for how to request equipment for a loan or demo.
Before You Start
- Identify the Department Property Administrator (DPA) and review the loan with them.
- Obtain the loan agreement and review Topic Overview: Contracts.
- Obtain the following from the DPA, if possible. Otherwise, the DPA will need to edit the requisition during approval.
- Screening attestation
- Amortization PTAEO(S), if applicable
- Amortization PTAEO(S) percentages, if applicable
- Will equipment be used in a service center?
- Trade in tag number (optional), if applicable
When requesting a loan, use Standard Capital Equipment requisition type regardless of the equipment's status (Capital Equipment or Non-Capital Equipment).
Launch iProcurement Non-Catalog Requests
- Select SU Internet Procurement
- Select Non-Catalog Request to begin a non-catalog requisition
Create a Standard Capital Equipment Requisition
- Select Standard Capital Equipment from the Request Type drop-down list
- Enter Item Description (include if equipment is a loan or demo)
- Enter Quantity
- Change Unit of Measure if appropriate
- Enter Unit Price Enter the purchase price of the item even if the purchase will not be made later.
If the amount is under $25,000, enter the item via a Standard Consultant order so the requisition will route through Procurement – Contracts.
- Enter the Supplier Item (part number) (optional)
- Enter the Supplier Name and tab out or select Request New Supplier
- Refer to How To: Make a Supplier/Payee Request if the supplier needs to be re-activated on the original PO.
Please obtain and enter the following information from the DPA. If this information is not available or obtainable, write an approver note to the DPA to edit the requisition at their approval step.
- Enter Screening Attestation
- Enter Amortization PTAEO(S), if applicable
- Enter Amortization PTAEO(S) percentages, if applicable
- Answer the question Will Equipment be Used in a Service Center (Y/N)?
- Enter Trade In Tag Number (optional), if applicable
- Select the Add to Cart button
- Select View Cart and Checkout
Verify Requisition Information
You may assign the requisition/cart to another Stanford user in iProcurement from any of the shopping applications within iProcurement: Amazon Business, Non-Catalog Requisition, CardinalTemps and SmartMart Catalog Suppliers. For more information, refer to How To: Assign a Cart in iProcurement.
- Review and edit information in the Description field (if necessary) Requisition Description defaults to the first line item on the requisition to provide a clear explanation of the business purpose for purchase.
- Add justification information in the Note to Approver field
Review/Update Delivery Information
A single shopping cart cannot have multiple delivery locations within Stanford. You can enter all the information for delivery in your Preferences to pre-populate these fields.
- Review/update delivery information:
- Need-By Date
- Deliver-To Location (For more information, refer to How To: Change Deliver-To Location)
- Department Name
- Attention To
Review/Update Billing Information
In Preferences, enter all the information for billing to pre-populate these fields. You can enter several PTAs under My Allocations to allow choices from the drop-down menu.
- Review/update billing information:
- Expenditure Type
- Refer to Stanford’s Buy & Pay Guide for a list of common expenditure types.
- Search by using the Expenditure Type Lookup Tool (Launch Oracle and select the SU Inquiry Tools and Forms link).
- For Standard Capital Equipment purchases, refer to Common Expenditure Types for Property and Equipment.
- Expenditure Item Date
Alternatively, select pre-set billing information from the My Favorite drop-down menu and select Apply
- Change the allocation percentage
- Add multiple PTAs to one line
- Change the Expenditure Type for one line
- Scroll down to the product table below the Delivery and Billing sections
- Select the lines and select the Update button to change multiple lines at one time, or select the pencil icon under Update Line on the far right to make a change to an individual line
- Update Line Screen: Change the Description, Quantity, Unit of Measure, Unit Price or Supplier in the Update Line screen
- To change the allocation, select the plus sign to add a new line
- Replace the pre-populated PTAE information in the new line with the PTAE desired
- Enter the Percent, Quantity or Amount information to total 100% for lines selected Only the Percent, Quantity or Amount field needs to be entered. The other fields will populate automatically when you TAB out of the field you used. Entering percent amounts in decimal quantities is permitted, but the total percent must equal 100% before proceeding.
- Select the box next to Apply this Cost Allocation information to apply the allocation to all requisition lines in the shopping cart
- Select Apply to complete and return to the Edit and Submit Requisition page
Review and Update Requisition Details
- Review the requisition details in each line
- Select the box(es) of the line you want to edit
- Select the Update button to change the single PTA to another single PTA for all the lines selected (you can modify Need-By-Date, the Project, Task, Award or Expenditure Type).
- Select Copy to make exact copies of the selected lines
- Select Delete to delete selected lines
- Select the Update button or the pencil icon in the Update Line column at the far right to view the PTA information for the selected line If the Favorite you selected did not have an Expenditure Type, use the pencil icon in the Update Line column to add the Expenditure Type to a single line.
- If tax should not be applied to a particular line, override by selecting the appropriate tax exempt category from the Tax Category drop-down menu (for more information, refer to the Common Sales Tax Exempt Categories)
- Select the Guidance for Ensuring Price Reasonableness link to read the policy
- Select the box to acknowledge your compliance with Stanford's Price Reasonableness policy
Manage Approvals and FYI Viewers
Add the Department Property Administrator (DPA) as the first approver in the routing list if using the Standard Capital Equipment, Standard Lease Equipment or Standard Change Order – Equipment Lease categories.
- Verify approvers
- Select the Manage Approvals button at the far right to update approvers if necessary
- Select the Manage FYI Viewers button at the far right to add viewers if necessary
FYI Viewers cannot approve, reject or comment on requisitions routed to them.
All Standard Lease Equipment or Standard Change Order – Equipment Lease changes or modifications should go to Procurement Services – Purchasing Services.
All Standard Lease Real Estate and Standard Change Order – Real Estate changes or modifications should go to Land, Buildings & Real Estate.
- Select Add Attachments to attach backup documentation (doc, pdf, xls, jpeg, etc.)
Attaching one or more Competitive Bids or a completed Single/Sole Source Justification form is strongly advised for Capital Equipment Orders but not required.
- Enter a Title of the attachment (e.g., single/sole source justification form or a justification, competitive bids, confirmation of foreign shipment, lease agreement or proposal)
- Select Category for attachment from drop-down list (Buyer, Rush Payment, To Supplier or Will Call Check)
Buyers see attachments to requisitions but Accounts Payable cannot see these attachments to the Requisition. Rush Payment requests and Will Call Check requests are only viewed by Accounts Payable when the invoice is uploaded via Requisition and PO Query and the correct queue is designated for the invoice to be processed as a Rush or Will Call request.
- Select attachment type (File, URL or text)
- Enter the file path, URL or text message
- Select Add Another to immediately add next attachment or select Apply Once Apply has been selected, you will receive a confirmation: Attachment XXX has been added successfully but not committed; it will be committed when you submit the current transaction.
Order Shipping from a Foreign Country for Non-Capital Equipment (If Applicable)
If the item (Non-Capital) will be shipped to Stanford University from a foreign country, customs forms and fees, as well as freight forwarding services, will need to be provided by a customs broker. These fees will be paid automatically as part of the shipping costs, and you do not need to enter a separate line for shipping.
- Add an attachment as in the step above
- Enter customs information in the Title field
- Leave the Attachment Title field blank
- Select the To Supplier category
- Select the text attachment type
- Enter this information in the text field:
JAS (formerly TIGERS)
800 AIRPORT BLVD., SUITE 518
BURLINGAME, CA 94010
When the requisition is fully approved and becomes a PO, you should receive a copy of it through your notifications. Forward a copy of the PO on to Customs Broker. You can contact them at the information above.
Save/Submit the Requisition
- Select the Save, Submit or Return to Shopping button at the bottom or top right of the page Select Save to store requisition with an Incomplete status for a later submittal.
- Review the Administrative Guide Policy 5.2.3: Equipment Loans to Stanford.
- For orders over $25,000, a buyer will arrange the purchase of the loaned item from the supplier.
- The DPA will receive notice that the Support Request has been completed.
- The DPA should receive or inform users to enter receiving information in iProcurement before payment is generated. For more information, please refer to How To: Receive Goods.
- Contact the Financial Support Center for the buyer contact information.