Review this page if a Purchase Order appears in an Oracle Financial report and needs adjustment.
Before You Start
In the case where an approved purchase order commitment is incorrect or invalid and should not appear in an Oracle Financials report, obtain the 8-digit purchase order and follow these steps.
Access the Req and PO Query
- Select SU Internet Procurement
- Under Purchasing Resources, select Req and PO Query
- Select SU Inquiry Tools and Forms
- Select Requisition and Purchase Order Query
View Purchase Order Commitments
- Enter your 8-digit PO number in the Purchase Order Number field
- Select Find PO
- Scroll to the bottom of the Purchase Order query screen
- Select Show Commitments
- Scroll up to review the PO Line Detail section. The view now includes commitment data in the Outstanding Commitment column.
A summary by PTA is also shown at the bottom of the page.
- View the commitment status for individual PO line items
Outstanding commitments will have a dollar amount and a selection box in the right-hand column. Actual expenditure lines (i.e., processed invoices) will have a zero dollar amount and Fully Matched or Suppressed in the right-hand columns.
Suppress a Commitment
Suppress a purchase order commitment when it is determined that certain commitments should not appear in the Oracle Financials reports.
The Suppress action is not reversible; ensure this is the correct action to take.
- Select the box next to the line(s) to suppress from Oracle Financials reports
- Select Suppress Selected (at the end of the Outstanding Commitment column)
A warning message will remind you that the suppress action is not reversible.
- Select OK to proceed or Cancel
- The total remaining commitment is immediately decreased in the Commitment View of the Query at the bottom of the page. The date that you suppressed the commitment and your SUNet ID will be displayed.
- Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) Consolidated Expenditure Reports (CER) will reflect the changes the next day. The commitment will no longer appear on the reports.
- If Accounts Payable later receives an invoice for this Purchase Order, they will be able to process it and it will be reflected as an actual expenditure if there are sufficient funds on the PO; suppressing the commitment merely removes it from your reports.
- For additional information, including details on the automated commitment clean-up process, refer to Topic Overview: Commitment Management - Purchasing Commitments.