This page provides information on how to convert a loan to a purchase.
Before You Start
Be ready to provide an 8-digit purchase order number to the Department Property Administrator.
Initiate Converting the Loan to a Purchase
In instances when a purchase requisition is already entered for an accepted piece of Capital Equipment, this is how to convert this loan to a purchase:
- Inform the Department Property Administrator (DPA) that a loan needs to be converted to a purchase
- Provide the 8-digit purchase order number to the DPA
DPA Submits a Support Request
- Submit a Support Request, including:
- Description explaining that a loan exists and the department would now like to purchase the capital equipment
- The 8-digit PO number for the loan
- Specify the Stanford-owned capital expenditure type that will replace the previously used expenditure type, if the asset is Stanford-owned
Please refer to the Stanford-owned expenditure section of the Common Expenditure Types Used for Property and Equipment List.
- Select Submit
- The Financial Support Center will forward the request to Procurement – Purchasing Services. A purchasing agent will arrange the purchase of the loaned item from the supplier.
- The DPA will receive notice that the support request has been completed.
- The DPA should receive or inform the user to enter receiving information in iProcurement before payment is generated. For more information, refer to How To: Receive Goods.