This page walks through the step-by-step instructions on setting up preferences before beginning as a PCard verifier.
Before You Start
It is recommended that preferences are created and saved before creating a transaction ( PTA Charge Account Sets and/or Approver Sets for PCard in My Favorites).
Create an Approver or PTAs Set to be able to use a specific set for approval routing list and PTAs in PCard transactions. When entering transactions, the Charge Account Set / Approver Set will be available to select by name rather than entering charges and approvers individually.
Access PCard Module
- Click SU PCard
Access My Favorites Preferences
- Select My Favorites under the PCard Home tab (upper-left)
Set My Favorites
The My Favorites section of PCard Preferences includes Charge Account Set Name, an option that allows set up and maintenance of lists of charges and PTAs (called Charge Account Sets) that can be applied quickly when entering a transaction.
- Click the Plus sign to add a new charge set
- Enter new Charge Account Set Name
- Click PTA Details icon
- Click the Plus sign to add a new PTA line
- Enter the PTAE (Expenditure Type is optional)
Enter the percentage of that line to apply to this PTA.
- Click Apply
Repeat steps c- e for all charges in the set.
The My Favorites section of PCard Preferences includes Approver Set Name, an option that allows set up and maintenance of lists of approvers and FYI recipients (called Approver Sets) that can be applied quickly when entering a transaction.
- Click the Plus sign to add a new approver set
- Enter new Approver Set Name
- Click Approvers icon
- Click the Plus sign to add a new Approver
- Enter the Approval Sequence number
- Enter the name of the Approver (last name, first name) and search to confirm
- Select Approver or FYI
- Click Apply
Repeat steps d - g to add additional approvers with appropriate financial authority.