Egencia’s guest management feature allows a Stanford Guest Manager to book on behalf of a guest or to enable their guest(s) to book their own travel, online or with assistance from an Egencia travel agent.
Guest Profiles should never be used for active Stanford employees or students. See Manage Travel for Others as an Arranger in Egencia.
The two-part process consists of:
- Travel Arranger requests a Guest Registration Template from the Travel Team
- Guest Manager or Invited Guest creates individual guest profile(s) from the template.
Guest Travel in Egencia
Before You Start
You may want to also consider these Travel How Tos:
A Guest Registration Template must be set up before Guest Profiles can be created. From the Guest Registration Template, guest travelers can be invited to create their own profile and book travel, or the Guest Manager can create a profile and book travel on behalf of a guest.
- Open the Get Assistance with Guest Travel support request form. Include the following information in the support request form before submitting:
- Template Name. Department name/guest travel purpose. For example, Stanford Travel Guest Speakers.
- Name(s) of additional Guest Manager(s). Name additional Guest Managers who will have access to the template in order to create guest profiles, invite guests to create their own profile and manage guest travel.
- Access Termination Date. The date you select is the date the template and all associated guest profiles will be disabled. Once disabled, the guest will no longer have access to Egencia. It is recommended that you set it to end as far out as needed so all guest travelers have access to their itinerary throughout the duration of their trip.
The Guest Manager will receive notification when the new template has been created and the registration template may be used to create Guest Profiles.
It is recommended that only one Guest Registration Template be created and accessed by all Guest Managers who will be coordinating guest travel for their department or a particular program. Additional Guest Registration Templates can be created as needed.Please do not change any of the template data fields. If you would like to edit your template, please submit a support request.
After receiving notification that a Guest Registration Template has been created, the Guest Manager can invite each guest to create their own Guest Profile or create a new Guest Profile on their behalf. Once an individual Guest Profile has been created, the guest can book their own trip (if granted the proper access above.) A Guest Manager, designated Arrangers, and Egencia agents can also book travel on behalf of the guest after receiving notification that a Guest Registration Template has been created.
- Log in to your Egencia profile and navigate to the applicable Guest Registration Template
FIGURE 1: Go to Tools > User Management > Guest Booking > Template > Guest Profile Registration Option
See below for instructions:
- Send the guest an invitation via the ‘send email invite’ feature. The system supports sending to as many as 50 addresses at once. This is an automated email from Egencia and cannot be customized
- Enter email address(s) separated by a comma
- Answer questions re: guest access
- Do you want this guest to be able to login using Egencia?
Yes - The guest will have access to log into Egencia and can manage their profile
No - The guest will only be asked to create a profile but will have no access to the Egencia online portal. The Guest Manager will need to book travel on behalf of the guest.
FIGURE 2: Questions and answer explanations:
- Will this guest be able to book/shop on Egencia?
Yes - The guest will have the ability to complete and confirm a reservation
No - The guest will not only be able to see their trips and profile on Egencia, the guest will have the ability to shop and place a reservation on hold. The guest cannot finalize the booking themselves. The Guest Manager must confirm the reservation.
- Do you want this guest to be able to login using Egencia?
- The guest will receive an email with instructions on how to create their profile. If Yes is selected at Step 1, the guest will receive a follow up email asking them to set their password so they can log in.
The guest must ensure that their name matches their government ID exactly.
- The Guest Manager will receive an email notification when a new guest profile has been activated. From there the Guest Manager can view and edit the guest profile, if needed.
- You can generate a self-registration link for the guest to register their profile. The link will have a set validity date after which time it will no longer be active or usable. Once generated you can send that link to the recipient in addition to any other pertinent information you may have for them.
Please use caution when sharing this link. Anyone with access to this link can create a profile.
- Answer the questions re: guest access per FIGURE 2.
- The guest will click on the link and will receive an email with explicit instructions on how to create their profile.
They must ensure that their name matches their government ID exactly.
- The Guest Manager will receive an email notification when a new guest profile has been activated. From there they can view and edit the guest profile, if needed.
FIGURE 3: Select “Approve” or “Reject” from the icon drop down menu
- If approved, and the guest has been granted permission to log into Egencia, the guest will receive an email to set their password and activate account
- If you opt to create a Guest Profile for the guest, you will need to collect the mandatory guest details from the guest:
First Name, Middle Name if applicable, Last Name, Email and Date of Birth.
They must ensure their name matches their government ID exactly.
- Username will be the guest's email address
- Answer the questions re: guest access per FIGURE 2 above. If response to question 1 is NO, the guest will have no access to Egencia and the Guest Manager must manage all profile activity and must book travel on behalf of the guest
- Once an individual Guest Profile has been created, the guest can book their own trip (if granted the proper access above.)
- A Guest Manager, designated Arrangers, and Egencia agents can also book travel on behalf of the guest.
See How to Book Travel in Egencia.
- A list of guest profiles can be viewed when logged into into Egencia. under Tools > Guest Users.
FIGURE 4: Go to Tools > User Management > Guest Users
To Manage a Guest Profile:
- Select the guest’s name
- The payment method, loyalty program information as well as setting notifications and user preferences can be added to the guest profile by the guest manager. If the guest user has access to log into Egencia, they can also manage these on their own.
- Active, past or canceled trips can be viewed under the Trips tab as well as view and download trip receipts.
FIGURE 5: Tools > User Management > Guest Users > Trips
If you need additional booking support, an Egencia agent can assist via phone or email:
- 24 hours a day: 1-202-414-2334
- Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST: @email
If you have any questions or require additional support, please contact the Stanford Travel Team.