The Labor Distribution Adjustments Enhancement Project is an FMS strategic initiative that started in May 2021 and completed with the launch of the enhancement in February 2022. Similar to the Labor Schedules Enhancement Project the previous year, this project is a partnership with UIT to create a custom front-end for the Labor Distribution Adjustments (LDA) system, which sits within Oracle Financials. The goal of this project is to significantly improve the user experience, provide more robust functionality and streamline processes to save time.
The project plan includes opportunities for users across the university to participate in the testing and validation of the new functionality, provide feedback, and attend demos and info sessions before and after the launch.
FMS launched the enhanced system on Feb. 14, 2022. Leading up to and following the launch, FMS has provided updated web content, learning resources and live demos of the enhancement to help users get started right away.
New Features and Functionality
Feedback from users through past projects, the 2018 FMS Client Satisfaction Survey and various other sources included interest in specific enhancements that would improve workflows and increase efficiency. For this project, the following features have been added to the LDA system:
- A modern user interface (UI), consistent and integrated with the recent enhancement to the Labor Schedule system and other Stanford APEX applications
- An at-a-glance page that:
- Displays the list of employees in suspense accounts. Users can quickly view this information and initiate the LDA within the same tool.
- Displays adjustments submitted by the originator and adjustments awaiting their approval, similar to iJournals.
- The ability to:
- Create adjustments by individual
- Create mass adjustments for multiple employees/job assignments
- Upload bulk adjustments from Excel, similar to iJournals and Labor Schedules
- An improved approval/FYI screen
- A new LDA search inquiry page (similar to iJournals) that allows users to search and view details of a labor adjustment within their authority scope. This will allow users the ability to search by Originator, Employee, PTA, Batch Name or HR Assignment Org.
- Improved OBI Payroll and Labor Management (PLM) reporting:
- Actual Pay Report includes new “Bulk Adjustment Upload View”
- Labor Distribution Adjustments (Real-time) Report improvements
- Easier-to-read format, reduced from two tabs to one
- New “Parent Adjustment Batch Name” prompt and attribute
Resources and Support
To support LDA system users, the following resources are available:
- Information sessions with live demos and Q&A
- Pre-launch info session (Feb. 9): Presentation slides | Zoom recording (note: bulk uploads no longer support partial adjustments; please see 2/17 recording for updated bulk upload demo.) | Top Q&A answers - New!
- Post-launch info session (Feb. 17): Presentation slides | Zoom recording
- TIPS meeting LDA presentation: Slide deck (includes screenshots and summary for each enhanced feature: At a Glance, Individual Adjustment, Mass Adjustment, Bulk Upload, Search Inquiry) - New!
- Learning resources
- "How To" instructions
- Reporting tools
- LDA support request
Do you have a specific LDA question not covered here? Please submit a support request.
Known Issues and Bugs
Check this section for known system issues that are currently being investigated (in order of newest to oldest). Fixes will be reported when available. If you notice any issues not reported here, please submit a support request.
- Getting "no approver found" error message. Solution: Do not log into any other Oracle Financials role or responsibility while in the LDA system (for example, opening a new tab and logging into iJournals); staying within one instance of Oracle Financials while completing labor distribution adjustments will prevent this error.
- Duplicate results appear when searching for an Employee Name/Number. Currently no immediate resolution.
Stay tuned to this announcement page for updates on the project’s progress and for links to new resources and materials to support the change. In addition, you can learn more in the following ways: