Developed in response to 2021 OBI Financial Reporting survey feedback, a new report is now available in the OBI PLM dashboard that provides better answers to payroll reporting questions.
The new report shows salary, fringe benefits, and indirect costs attributable by employee for both actuals and commitments, viewable by general ledger (GL) period or by earnings month.
Why the New Report?
Up to now, reporting salary, fringe and indirect costs by individual employees required OBI users to perform tedious calculations, such as allocating fringe benefits and indirect costs and merging additional data for future commitments. Now OBI users can easily get this information through a standard view in the new report, by clicking on either the By GL Period subtab or the By Expenditure Item Period subtab, for those who need this level of detail for analytical or planning purposes.
Shown above: View by GL period aggregates commitments in the current open period. The data can also be displayed
by expenditure item period (e.g., pay period for earnings), which show commitments by month into the future.
As a result, this report can help you:
- Report salary, fringe, and indirect cost actuals and commitments attributed to each employee
- Create salary projections by employee for the fiscal year
- Better manage labor distribution adjustments (LDAs):
- Easily see difference between an LDA’s pay period and GL period when it posts
- Visualize LDAs by time period
- Compare vacation accrued with vacation credit received by employee
Learn More and Get Support
- A new reporting page gives step-by step instructions on how to run and interpret the report.
- Live webinar: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 10-11 a.m. PT. Live demo and time for questions. Access via Zoom on day of webinar (no registration necessary, but Stanford authentication required).
- For further questions, please submit an OBI support request or schedule an OBI Open Lab session for more in-depth guidance.