SmartMart in iProcurement provides access to products available from select suppliers with whom Stanford has negotiated pricing agreements. Not all supplier products are available in SmartMart.
When to Use SmartMart
Prior to searching for supplier products in SmartMart, we recommend that you first search for products using Amazon Business. Stanford's Amazon Business account offers the familiar Amazon open-market user experience that personal shoppers have enjoyed for years—plus many business-specific benefits.
How Do I Get Started?
Access to Oracle Financials (ofweb) is required to place catalog orders, or to use iProcurement's other non-catalog options.
- University Employees: Have access to Oracle Financials via their SUNet ID and password.
- Students and Post-Grads: Oracle access requires sponsorship by a Stanford employee. Please submit a Support Request. Visit the Learning section to see how to acquire basic SmartMart competencies and how to benefit from available on-going support to best meet your department shopping needs.
Gaining Access to iProcurement
All university employees with active SUNet IDs are automatically granted access to initiate all types of purchase requisitions.
- Non-employee students require sponsorship by a Stanford employee. Please submit a Support Request.
Gaining Access to SmartMart
There is only one level of access to iProcurement. Catalog ordering in iProcurement is done in SmartMart. All university employees with active SUNet IDs are automatically granted access and authority to initiate all types of purchase requisitions.
For important information on which browsers are authorized for the iProcurement application (including SmartMart), review the Administrative System Browser Requirements.
New employees or users are strongly encouraged to take courses:
|New SmartMart Orders||
Assign Shopping Carts in SmartMart
|Assign SmartMart Requisitions During iProcurement Checkout|
Share Shopping Carts in SmartMart
|Change/Cancel/Close Purchase Orders|
|Receiving and Returns|
- Step-by-step instructions for transaction approvers are available at:
- Buy & Pay Guide
- Expenditure Type Query (Launch Oracle and open SU Inquiry Tools and Forms folder)
- Expenditure Types and Suppliers Exempted from Sales Tax
- Definitions and Examples of Common Tax Exempt Categories
- Research Alcohol Purchase Authorization Form
- Common Browser Issues and Resolutions
- Purchase Order and Requisition detail reporting can be performed using the OBI Procure to Pay Dashboard. Use the dashboard to report on purchase requisitions, purchase orders, AP Invoices, Suppliers and Supplier Payments.
- Additionally, to search for requisitions and POs, and to view details and invoices, use the Requisition and Purchase Orders Query tool.
For information about OBI, refer to OBI Financial Reporting.