You can create a new gift transmittal with a new ID by copying a completed gift transmittal with a status of “Review” in the Gift Transmittals system.
Before You Start
The gift transmittal form must be completed and in “Review” status in Gift Transmittals before you can copy it to create a new gift transmittal.
Access Gift Transmittals
- Select SU Gift User
- Select Gift Processing
- Read the Gift Transmittals Confidentiality Agreement
- Select Proceed
Find the Gift Transmittal That Needs to Be Completed
- Under the Gifts Requiring Your Action section, find the gift transmittal record
- Select Next to page through the records, if needed
- Select the Transmittal Id link that requires your action
- Select Gift Inquiry from top left menu
- Enter information about the gift at the top of the page as search criteria
- Select Search
- From the Gift Transmittal Form column, select the Gift Transmittal ID number
Copy the Transmittal and Enter Information on the New Form
- From the Workflow screen, select the Gift Transmittal Form located in the left menu section
- Select Copy Transmittal Form button at the bottom of the page
- Select OK
- Modify the following fields as applicable:
- Gift Amount
- Postmarked Date
- Date Received at Stanford
- Original Source
If you are copying a gift transmittal because it needs to be split between funds, be sure the source matches the original transmittal. If this is a new gift, then the source should be "Manually-entered"
- Reference Number
If you are copying a gift transmittal because it needs to be split between funds, be sure the reference number matches the original transmittal. If this is a new gift, then the reference number should be left blank.
- Payment Type
- Select Yes or No to:
- Copy Attachments
- Link Copied GT to Original GT
- Select I will complete the Gift Transmittal Form or I will not be completing the Gift Transmittal Form
If you do not have authority to complete the Gift Transmittal Form, "I will complete the Gift Transmittal Form" is disabled, and "I will not be completing the Gift Transmittal Form" is pre-selected. Once you click Copy Transmittal Form you will no longer have access to view this gift transmittal. An email will be sent to users with authority for this org to complete the transmittal.
- Modify Donor information
Refer to Step 3 – Complete Donor Information as instructed in How to: Initiate New Gift Transmittal.
- Select Copy Transmittal Form
- Record the new transmittal’s ID number in the success pop-up window and add it to your documentation for sending to Development Services
- Select OK
- Modify the information on the new form as applicable
- The new Gift Transmittal Form is created with a new Transmittal ID.
- Refer to How to: Complete a Gift Transmittal.