Unidentified Receipts are cash receipts (checks, ACH and wire transfers) that have been received by the university, but the owning organization could not be identified with the details provided. Go to the Unidentified Receipts website and review the list of items received to claim your organization’s receipts.
Before You Start
You will need a valid SUNet ID and need to have completed the online Financial Stewardship Expectations course (FIN-PROG-0020) to access the Unidentified Receipts website. You will also need the Project, Award and Object code to which the receipt should be booked.
- Identify your department receipt by searching for it on the Unidentified Receipts website
- Select the Claim button in the corresponding receipt row
- Enter the Project, Award and Object Code identifying where the receipt should be booked
- Select Claim This triggers an email approval request to the award owner and the request status is then marked as In Process in Oracle. After the award owner has approved the request, the booking is finalized and the receipt is credited to the specified account.
- Submit a Support Request to the Office of the Treasurer (OOT) if you are unable to find a receipt
Review Claim Status
When a receipt is claimed for an award, an email will be sent to the award owner for review and approval.
- Review the claim
- If the claim is approved, an automated transaction will be generated in Oracle and the receipt will be viewable in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) Financial reports the next business day.
- If the claim is rejected, the status of the receipt on the Unidentified Receipts website will change from In Process back to Claim.
The revenue journal and fund transfer approval hierarchy in Authority Manager will be used to identify an approver. Oracle workflow starts looking for an approver for the specific Fund/Award (Level 1 below) and then continues to subsequent levels as needed until an authorized approver is identified. For more information, review the Oracle Authorized Approver Hierarchy.
- Level 1 – The specific Fund (corresponding to the Award)
- Level 2 – All Awards owned by a Principal Owner
- Level 3 – The Award Owning Organization
- Level 4 – The Parent Org of the Award Owning Organization
- After an award owner approves a request, the booking is finalized and the receipt revenue is credited to the specified account. If the claim is rejected, the status of the receipt in Unidentified Receipts will change from In Process to Claim.
- Receipts that have not been claimed for 2 years or more will be transferred to the General Fund. Claims may still be made by contacting OOT with documentation to show award ownership, amount and date of receipt and the PTA or PFOO to receive the revenue.