Follow these instructions to communicate using message methods in SmartMart Contracts.
Communicate within the SmartMart Contracts System
- Select SU Internet Procurement
- Select SmartMart Catalog Supplier & Contracts
- Hover over the Award Icon on the far left
- Hover over Contracts to be able to select Search Contracts
- On the search page: Search using open search options like, Contract Name, Contract Number or 2nd Party Name (supplier)
- Locate the contract in the search results
- Click Open Summary on the far right
- Identify the Contract Advisor from the Summary of Contract window and then continue with the steps
Use one of the 3 methods listed below for communicating within SmartMart Contracts. When available, Communications Center (External) is recommended.
Before the Contract Request has been approved and has moved forward as a Contract File, use the Discussion tab on the left to communicate with the contracts team.
- Select the Discussion tab on the far left column
- Click on Select New Thread
- Enter a message for the Contracts Team (Contract Advisor has not been assigned yet)
To communicate with the Contract Advisor and others, in more detail, use the Communication Center.
- Select Communication Center (when your Contract Request is open) from the menu on the far left column
- Select the External tab (as recommended)
Selecting External allows email to be sent to valid email address(s) outside of Stanford University. Additionally, if adding a Stanford Employee that has not yet logged into SmartMart, using External will be required. By selecting external this will allow you to send by populating an individual's email address.
- Click Start External Communication
- A message window will open, portions of the message are pre-filled with important Contract information. Do not remove this text.
- Enter questions for your Contract Advisor
- Under Recipients (Optional): Please add the Contract Advisor assigned to the contract to send an email to his/her inbox. Optionally, enter any additional recipients.
- Under Other Recipients, enter the name and email address for any contact outside of Stanford or a Stanford contact that did not appear in Recipients.
- Click Create to send the message
- Under Attachments (Optional): Enter attachments as applicable
While utilizing Comments and Communication Center, a copy of the email is sent to you. Reply via the email to continue to communicate with a Contract Advisor and any additional names (as listed in the communication).
Optionally, return to SmartMart Contracts and use the Communication tab to continue the conversation.