This page provides step-by-step instructions for searching in SmartMart Contracts for a master contract agreement. A Master Agreement is a contractual agreement made between two or more parties in which both parties agree to certain terms and conditions that will govern future transactions. The agreement also serves as an anchor document that will guide the creation of additional documents, such as a Work Order Statement of Work (SOW). A Master Agreement does not have funding associated with it.
Before You Start
Before You Start
Gather the attributes for the contract (such as the length of time, the supplier, etc.) prior to conducting a search.
Launch SmartMart Catalog Suppliers & Contracts
- Select SU Internet Procurement
- Select SmartMart Catalog Supplier & Contracts
Search for a Master Contract
- Hover over the Award Icon on the far left
- Hover over Search to be able to select Search Contracts
- In the search page: enter the Contract Name, Contract Number or 2nd Party Name (Supplier)
Identify the Master Agreement
- Identify the correct Master Agreement. Select only active Master Agreements with an Executed: In Effect status
There are several statuses for Master Agreements:
o Draft: In the process of being created
o Executed: In Effect: Signed by both parties
o Expired: Contract is expired
o Superseded: Contract replaced by another contract
There are currently only Construction or Technical Master Agreements. The Master Agreement Contract name is structured such as:
MA # - TYPE - YEAR
1111-MATECH-2022Requesters should submit a contract request via SmartMart Contracts under the master agreement when, (1) it is regarding a Construction project or (2) it has a document that requires signature. Add the Master Agreement number in the "Notes to Contract Team".
Go to How To Submit a Contract Request, Step 4
- To complete a new contract using a Master Agreement, follow the instructions to completion at, How To Submit a Contract Request, Step 4
Add the Master Agreement number in the “Notes to Contract Team” while completing the contract.
Once the funding Requisition has been financially approved, the Contracts team will review the file, assemble the appropriate final document for signature, and route to all appropriate parties to e-sign on behalf of the supplier and the university. You will receive a system generated email when the contract amendment has completed workflow and has been signed by all parties. Your department can begin to schedule work under the agreement and invoices can be uploaded to the associated PO in Oracle for payment.