To find Travel Card (TCard) or Purchasing Card (PCard) transactions that have been force cleared, use the Credit Card Transactions Report available from the OBI Expense Requests and SU Card Activity (ERR) Dashboard.
Individual PCards or Travel Cards with two force cleared transaction within a rolling 12 month period, will be suspended for 60 days. For more information about the suspension process, see Updated Card Suspension Process to Support Proper Use.
Find Force Cleared PCard and Travel Card Transactions
Before You Start
Be aware that:
- Force cleared PCard charges will be posted to the credit card guarantee PTAE.
- Force cleared charges will not post to the right GL Period until a few days after clearing. It is recommended to wait for two days after clearing before running a report.
- For force cleared TCard charges, FMS will:
- create an Expense Report with Travel Card transactions that are over aging limits, and
- force approve the Expense Report which will post charges to the credit card guarantee PTAE
For more information, refer to:
- Policy: Clearing of Aging Transactions: Learn about the timing and process of force clearing.
- Topic Overview: Purchasing Card (PCard) Program and Topic Overview: Travel Card (TCard) Program: Learn about consequences for force cleared credit cards, such as card suspension and income tax reporting.
- Refer to: Topic Overview: Managing Aging and Outstanding Expense Transactions
- Navigate to the Dashboards menu located in the toolbar
- Select the Expense Requests and SU Card Activity dashboard from the drop-down list
- Select Credit Card Transactions
To find force cleared transactions:
- To retrieve results, follow the Selection Criteria instructions near the top of the screen
- Select SU Credit Card Transaction Status Description: FORCED APPROVED
- Select First GL Period Name and Last GL Period Name for the time period when the transaction(s) were force cleared
- Select other desired selection criteria (e.g., Organization or Award Number)
- Select Apply
Refer to Using Selection Criteria for OBI Reports for more guidance.
- Use the Expanded with PTAE view to determine which credit card transactions have been force cleared (aka force approved) and to display the administrative fee charged
- Review force cleared GL Period Name
Image of TCard transaction PTAE view showing GL Period Name
- Review ER Total Force Clear Fee Amount and Expense Request Business Purpose Text
Image of TCard transaction PTAE view showing force clear fee amount
- Review SU Credit Card Transaction Status Description and Expense Request Business Purpose Text
Image of PCard transaction PTAE view showing transaction description
- Review SU Credit Card Transaction Amount for the force clear fee
Force clear fees are charged using expenditure type 58510-INTERDEPT CHG
Image of PCard transaction PTAE view showing force clear fee
- As needed, create an iJournal transaction to move the force cleared PCard/TCard charge from the credit card guarantee PTAE to the appropriate PTAE.
- For more information about budget units and organizations summary level reporting of force cleared metrics, see Reporting: OBI Dashboard: Force Clear Metrics (FCM).
- For questions about force cleared transactions, please submit a PCard/TCard support request.