Stanford requires all suppliers/payees to have an active record in the university’s database before a purchase or payment can be made. To ensure payments are processed correctly and in a timely manner, domestic individuals, foreign individuals and foreign company suppliers/payees must use Stanford’s Supplier and Payee Request Portal. The steps are provided below to complete the request.
New domestic company suppliers/payees must complete a one-time registration via Stanford’s Supplier and Payee Registry.
Before You Start
Prepare the following to complete the request in the system:
- Tax reporting info (e.g., Social Security Number (SSN), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) , or Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Bank info (e.g., bank routing and account number)
- Supporting documents to upload
Access the Supplier and Payee Request Portal
- Follow the link in the email to the Stanford Supplier and Payee Request Portal
- Note who initiated the request. That person is your department contact.
Click to see an example Supplier and Payee Request Portal Email
Screen 1 - Contact information
- Make sure the payee/supplier information shown is correct and all required fields (*) are complete.
- If you are being enabled as a goods and services supplier, enter the Purchase Order Delivery Email address where you would like to receive purchase orders
- If your contact information is different from your payee/supplier information, enter it here. Otherwise, select the Same as Payee checkbox. Authorized agents (those acting on behalf of the supplier/payee) must provide their contact information here.
Screen 2 - Tax Reporting Information
- Indicate if you have a U.S. tax ID. If yes, use one of the following formats:
- Social Security Number (SSN) XXX-XX-XXXX
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) XXX-XX-XXXX
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) XX-XXXXXXX
- Provide your name as shown on tax return (if different from company name or nickname)
- Provide business name (if different than name shown on tax return)
Screen 3 - Payment Method - Banking Information
- Indicate if you would like to set your default payment method as check or U.S. electronic deposit (ACH) Checks will go to the address shown. Electronic payments will require the supplier/payee to enter a bank name, bank account number and bank routing number to facilitate payments.
- If you chose U.S. electronic deposit, enter U.S. bank name, account type, bank routing number, bank account number and remittance email.
Click to see example bank check indicating routing, account and check numberEmails are sent to the supplier/payee when there are details about the payment or attached documentation that a Stanford department would like to provide to the supplier/payee. A remittance email should be indicated to enable an email of remittance details to be sent for every electronic payment.
- Select Next
Screen 4 - Document Upload
The document upload page includes a list of documents that you may need to provide to activate your supplier/payee record. Check your email for the list of documents that apply to you. Fill out, sign, scan (or take a good photo) and upload them here.
- Prepare documents for upload
- Select Browse to locate electronic file on your computer
- Select document type
- Select Upload
- When all documents are uploaded, select Next
Screen 5 - Certification and Submission
- Verify the information entered in each section is accurate
- At the bottom, select the applicable certification scenario
- Select Submit to transmit supplier/payee details and documentation to Supplier Enablement
- The information is routed to Supplier Enablement for review. If additional information or documentation is required, a Supplier Enablement coordinator will send the supplier/payee (or authorized agent) a follow-up request. Requestors receive an automatic notification when the record is active and available for use.
Portal invitations are inactivated if not returned within 30 days. To reactivate a request after 30 days, submit a Support Request to the Financial Support Center.