Stanford employees can submit a request to Payroll to stop payment and issue a replacement check if their paycheck has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
Request Stop Payment and Replacement Check
Before You Start
You will need a SUNet ID and password to log in to Axess.
- In the description field, enter (or copy and paste) the following “Request a stop payment order on my paycheck and issue a replacement check to me after the appropriate waiting period. If the original check arrives after I submit this request, I agree to return the original check to Stanford Payroll. I will repay Stanford University if the original check clears the bank as a result of action on my part.”
- Include your name, employee ID number and the approximate date the check was issued to you
Replacement checks will be mailed to the address on file.
- Select Submit
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation of your request.
- Payroll will request the stop payment and contact you when the replacement check is ready. This process generally takes two business days.
- Direct Deposit: If you have a direct deposit account on file, the replacement payment will be issued via direct deposit.