Stanford employees can submit a request to Payroll to stop payment and issue a replacement check if their paycheck has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
Before You Start
You will need a SUNet ID and password to log in to Axess.
Locate Assist with Payroll Form
- Select Payroll
- Select Assist with Payroll from the drop-down menu
Enter Request Information
- In the appropriate field, enter (or copy and paste) the following “Request a stop payment order on my paycheck and issue a replacement check to me after the appropriate waiting period. If the original check arrives after I submit this request, I agree to return the original check to Stanford Payroll. I will repay Stanford University if the original check clears the bank as a result of action on my part.”
- Include your name, employee ID number and the approximate date the check was issued to you
Replacement checks will be mailed to the address on file.
Submit Assist with Payroll Form
- Select Submit
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation of your request.
- Payroll will request the stop payment and contact you when the replacement check is ready. This process generally takes two business days.
- Direct Deposit: If you have a direct deposit account on file, the replacement payment will be issued via direct deposit.