Stanford’s Graduate Financial Support (GFS) administrators can submit a Support Request to pay graduate students an off-cycle stipend paycheck if they need the pay before their next regular payday.
Students receiving a stipend are usually:
- In the assistantship and fellowship program for graduate study.
- Appointments for postdoctoral scholars.
- Other non-matriculated graduate students in the GFS program.
Request an Off-Cycle Stipend Payment
Before You Start
- You will need employee and payment information from PeopleSoft.
- You will need a SUNet ID and password.
- Requests received and fully approved by 9:00 a.m. are ready by 3:00 p.m. the same day.
- Requests received after the deadline or without an approved payline in GFS will be processed the following Friday or will be subject to the Special Processing fee of $35.00. For specific entry deadlines for each pay period, refer to Resource: Payroll Schedules and Deadlines.
- The payline has to be approved in GFS, and the PTA has to be open at the time the check is being issued.
- Access Payroll Support Request form for Off-Cycle Postdoc/Non-Matric Stipend Payment processing
- On the form, complete the following fields for the person receiving the check:
- Last Name as recorded in PeopleSoft
- First Name as recorded in PeopleSoft
- Employee ID
- Dollar Amount to be received
- PTA Valid Through Date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Payline approved in GFS (Yes/No)
- Off-cycle Processing Fee PTA (if needed before Friday; must be an unrestricted PTA)
- Add remarks and processing notes
- Select Submit
- Checks are cut every Friday and will be mailed to the mailing address on file.