This online course explains the concept and application of internal controls so you can help guard the university against waste, fraud and abuse. It is highly recommended for those who access financial systems or related functions, especially those who approve financial transactions. Individuals responsible for providing oversight for financial transactions and reporting may also benefit from this course.
By completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities within the university’s Three Lines Model
- Recognize the characteristics of various types of risks
- Detail the four phases of risk management and how the cycle helps us deal with risks
- Describe the term “internal controls” and its value in mitigating risks to the university
- Evaluate your own internal controls in three key areas through self-assessment questions
- Identify the best actions to take when you encounter suspicious activity
To complete this course, you will need to pass the final test with a score of 80% or higher.
Self-paced (approximately 30 minutes)