This page provides instructions of suppressing a purchase order (PO) commitment in CMS.
Before You Start
Suppressing a purchase order commitment in CMS does not delete the Hard Commitment from the Oracle system. However, the commitment is permanently removed from CMS and OBI reports.
- Click SU CMS USER
Search for the Account (PTA)
- Select the Goods and Services tab
- Enter account (PTA) search criteria from the Manage Goods and Services screen
- Select Go – Execute Your Search
Access Purchase Order Details in Oracle
- Select the Reference Number link
- Select the "i" icon in the Transaction Info column from the Modify Purchase Req/Order Commitment screen to open a new window displaying the Oracle Purchase Order details
- Scroll down and select the Show Commitments button
Suppress Purchase Order Commitment
- Select the checkbox(es) for the Hard Commitments you wish to suppress in the Outstanding Commitment column
- Select Suppress
A warning message will remind you that the suppress action is not reversible.
- Click OK to proceed or Cancel
- The total remaining commitment is immediately decreased in the Commitment View of the Requisition and Purchase Order Query. The date that you suppressed the commitment and your SUNet ID will be displayed.
- Reports will reflect your changes the next day.
- If Accounts Payable later receives an invoice for this Purchase Order, they WILL be able to process it and it WILL be reflected as an actual expenditure; suppressing the commitment merely removes it from your reports.