An reversal accrual journal can be edited before posting to the General Ledger under certain circumstances.
Before You Start
To edit a reversal accrual journal before it is posted to the General Ledger, the following restrictions apply:
|Reversal Journal Type||May Be Edited ONLY...|
|Accounts Payable (AP)||
|Accounts Receivable (AR)||
- Select SU iJournals Public or SU iJournals Specialist Link
Find and Select Reversal Journal
- Enter the Reversal Journal number
- Select Search
- Select the radio button in the Select column for the desired journal number
- Select Select to access the Journal Display page
Edit and Submit Journal
- Select Edit button between the Print Friendly (pdf) and Home buttons
- Select a future period from the New Reversal Period drop-down list
Note: The initial Reversal Period attribute label will change to Original Reversal Period, and the default value will reflect what was originally selected in the accrual journal.
- Enter required Reversal Notes
- Select Submit Journal
- Review Reversal Period, Effective Reversal Date and Notes for the updates
- Click Return to Portal
- Click Logout
- A notification will be sent to the originator, approver(s) and/or FYI recipients for the updated reversal period; no action is required on their end.