This page gives instructions on how to view and organize Travel Card (TCard) Charges.
Before You Start
As a TCard verifier for one or more individual or department TCards, the Travel Card Transactions tab will appear at the top left of the Expense Requests system.
Once Travel Card charges have been received from the merchant and posted in the Expense Requests system, they appear under the Travel Card Transactions tab, Outstanding Transactions sub-tab. The Outstanding Transactions sub-tab lists all TCard transactions that have not yet been applied to an expense report (Refer to How To: Create Domestic Expense Report). As transactions are applied to expense reports, they will be removed from the outstanding transactions list.
Use the following steps to view and organize outstanding TCard charges. Only the TCard verifier can perform this task.
Access Expense Requests
- Select SU Expense Requests
Access Outstanding TCard Charges
- Select Travel Card Transactions tab
- Select Outstanding Transactions sub-tab
- If multiple TCards are available, choose the appropriate card from the Transactions for Account drop-down menu
- Transactions display in order of Age, oldest to most recent
- Select a column heading with an arrow showing to sort the list (select the column heading again to reverse the sort view)
- Transaction Amount
- Transaction Date
- Merchant Name
- Billed Amount
- Expense End Date
- Preparer Notes
- Select Details for any transaction to refer to additional Details provided by the merchant (if any). Select Hide to close Details.
Manage Expense End Date
Travel expenses (such as airfare and conference registration) may be purchased months before travel to get the best rates. To ensure that the appropriate and accurate aging time is accounted for, enter the last date of travel in the Expense End Date for these types of charges. To best manage your Travel Card transactions, enter the same Expense End Date for all transactions related to the same trip. Enter Expense End Date for the date travel will be completed using the calendar icon for each transaction related to the same trip or event.
- After adjusting the Expense End Date, select Save.
- Transaction aging will now be based on the Expense End Date entered (Expense End Date cannot be greater than 1 year from the Transaction Date).
Enter Preparer Notes
The TCard verifier can enter notes about TCard charges in the Preparer Notes field. Notes entered and edited here will then display with the charges on the Travel Card Transactions step when choosing charges to include in an Expense Report. Charges can be sorted by the Preparer Notes field, making it easy to group associated charges, which is an especially useful feature for Department Travel Card that may have charges for multiple payees and multiple trips.
- Enter Preparer Notes for any or all TCard charges. This is a free form field that can be used to identify payee name, trip, activity or any other identifier at the discretion of the TCard verifier
- Select Save
Export or Print Outstanding Charges
- Select Export to save the list of outstanding TCard charges as a Microsoft Excel or .csv file. Select the Save file option.
- Select Printable Page to open a webpage formatted for printing. Use the browser print function to print the page.
- Learn more about Stanford Travel Card (TCard) Program.
- Refer to How To: Manage Travel Card (TCard) Expense End Date for more information.