In order to pay for a rental car on behalf of someone else, an Enterprise Rent-A-Car direct billing agreement must be established. Once the account is created, a car can be booked and the cost be charged to a department Travel Card so the traveler is not billed themselves. The department Travel Card will be charged by Enterprise Rent-A-Car when the car is returned to the drop off location.
Pay for an Enterprise Rent-A-Car on Behalf of Someone
Before You Start
The program is only available with Enterprise and this direct billing agreement with Enterprise is only available to pay for rental charges at North American locations. This account can be used to pay for guest and visitor Enterprise Rent-A-Car reservations as well as for Stanford staff, faculty, students and postdocs.
- Submit a support request and attach the completed Enterprise Stanford Agreement Form.
- Within 2-3 business days, a billing agreement number will be generated and documented in the support request and communicated to you via the Support Request.
Stanford Travel is available: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (PST)
- Proceed to book the rental car using the normal booking process via Egencia.
- Once you land on the final confirmation page, select Direct Bill. It will then prompt you to put in the direct bill agreement number.
The direct billing account number should only be shared with those who are authorized to charge car rentals to the department Travel Card.
- When booking for guests and visitors, the Enterprise Rent-A-Car booking confirmation should be shared with the driver. They will present that to the counter at the rental location to confirm the reservation and billing agreement.
If you need booking support, an Egencia agent can assist via phone or email:
24 hours a day: 1-417-520-4735 or 1-877-219-1159
Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST: firstname.lastname@example.org