This page gives instructions on how to manage the Travel Card (TCard) end date - a task to be performed by TCard verifier only.
Before You Start
Travel and business expenses, including TCard transactions, should be submitted and approved in an expense report within 60 days of the date the expense was incurred or travel ended.
The cardholder and verifier will get an email 30 days after the transaction date alerting that the TCard charge must be expensed and approved in an expense report within 60 days. If expensed after 60 days, the transaction amount will be reported as taxable income to the Stanford Beneficiary or cardholder when there is no beneficiary, in accordance with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidance.
Travel expenses (such as airfare and conference registration) may be purchased months before travel to get the best rates. To ensure that the appropriate and accurate aging time is accounted for, enter the last date of travel in the Expense End Date for these types of charges. To best manage your Travel Card transactions, enter the same Expense End Date for all transactions related to the same trip.
Example: A traveler purchases an airline ticket several months in advance of the trip. Enter the date the trip is to end as the Expense End Date to adjust the aging of the transaction.
Tip: To better organize outstanding Travel Card Transactions, enter the same Expense End Date for all related TCard charges that will be included on the same expense report.
Use the following steps to manage TCard Expense End Date. Only the TCard verifier can perform this task.
Access Expense Requests
- Select SU Expense Requests
Enter the Expense End Date
- Select Travel Card Transactions tab
- Select Outstanding Transactions sub-tab
- If multiple TCards are available, choose the appropriate card from the Transactions for Account drop-down menu
- Enter Expense End Date for when the travel will be completed using the calendar icon for each transaction related to the same trip or event Expense End Date for Airfare can be extended to a maximum of 2 years from the Transaction Date when the vendor extends the date. All other expenses can be extended to a maximum of 1 year from the Transaction Date.
- Select Save