Delegatees follow these instructions to access an Oracle Approval Worklist that has been shared with them. Worklist Sharing Delegatees do not receive email workflow notifications, so it is important to discuss expectations with the delegator, for example, expected coverage and frequency for checking transactions.
Before You Start
- You need a SUNet ID and password to access Oracle Financials.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of financial approvers.
Open a Shared Worklist
- Select Switch User in the Oracle Home Page Header to show all the Worklists to which you have access
Switch User only appears if someone has granted you access to their Worklist.
- On the Switch User page, select the Switch User icon next to the appropriate name of the Worklist you want to access. The Oracle Home page of the sharing user will display.
- In the Oracle Home page header, access the Worklist of the sharing user by selecting the Worklist
Review and Approve Transactions
- Review and approve transactions by following the appropriate instructions for the transaction type:
- How to: Approve or Reject a Purchase Requisition
- How to: Approve, Request More Info or Reject an Expense Report, Advance or Non-PO Payment
- How to: Review, Approve or Reject PCard Verifications
- How to: Review and Approve Journal Entries
- How to: Approve or Reject Labor Distribution Adjustments
Selecting Approve or Reject returns the screen to the Notifications Worklist. Also, you will not be able to approve a transaction you originated via Shared Worklist. This feature is typically used with colleagues of similar levels rather than with a subordinate who originates transactions.
- When finished working with the shared Worklist, select Return to Self in the Oracle Home page header.
- Your Oracle Home page will display.
- Transactions route to the next approver (if any).
- As needed, transactions can be audited considering the following:
- For all transactions approved through Worklist sharing, the original approver's name will show as the approver. The Action History will show the SUNet ID of the actual approver in the comments field, after any comments they entered.
- To view a list of transactions handled by others on behalf of an approver, refer to Oracle Vacation Query for more information.