Step-by-step instructions for reviewing and acting on a non-sponsored PTA request. Potential actions include approving, returning, reassigning or terminating/canceling.
Before You Start
- Review the email notification requesting your review.
- Record the Transaction ID number.
Access PTA Requests
Please maximize your browser window from this step on as some buttons are located at the right of the screen.
- Select Requiring Your Action
- Select Action Item column heading to sort the transactions by action item
- Select a Transaction ID number for a transaction with Action Item labeled Review & Approve Account Setup
- Select Transaction Search from the top left menu
- Enter attributes from which to search
- To find transactions ready for your review and approval, select Review & Approve Account Setup from the Action Item / Current Step drop-down list.
- Select Assign to Me checkbox
- Select Search
- Select Transaction ID number link to open the PTA request
Review PTA Information
- Review information on PTA Configuration tab
- Select Non-Sponsored Award tab
- Review the Award attributes
- Select the View icon to the left of the Project under the PT Configuration section to view project details
- Select the View icon to view personnel associated with the project
- Select the View icon to the left of the Task to view task details
- Select View PTA PDF from the top-right menu
- Select Open to view account, project and task information in one document
Review Attachment(s) if applicable
- Select Attachments tab
- Select attachment link(s) to review attached documents
Review Approval Routing Setup
- Select Approval tab
- Review approval routing setup
Act on Assigned Tasks
- Select the checkbox next to I approve this request to set up a Financial Account (PTA) in Approval tab
- Select Approve
The request is routed to the next approver in the approval setup or to the fund accountant if you are the last in the approval routing.
- Enter reasons for returning the request in the Instructions or Comments for the Fund Accountant (optional) field
- Select Return to Initiator
The request is returned to the person submitting the request.
- Select Reassign from the top-right menu under Actions
- Select a person from the drop-down list
- Enter reason(s) for re-designation in Comments box
- Select Reassign
The request is sent to the person you reassigned to be approver. The request will disappear from your PTA Manager Approver Dashboard – Requiring Your Action tab.
- Select Terminate/Cancel Request from the top-right menu under Actions
- Select OK
- Enter reason(s) for request termination or cancellation in Comments box
- Select Apply
The request is terminated or cancelled. The request will disappear from any tabs on the dashboard.
Check the Account Setup: In Progress and Completed Requests tabs on the Dashboard for your request status.
- You can reassign the request before the transaction is completed.
- You may review the request but will not be able to edit the transaction if you are not the Initiator or if the transaction has been submitted.
- To make changes to a completed PTA setup, see How-to instructions for updating PTA Attributes.