Step-by-step instructions for reviewing and acting on a capital project PTA closeout or cancellation request. Potential actions include approving, reassigning, or returning to the initiator.
Review and Act on Capital Project PTA Closeout/Cancel Requests
Before You Start
- Review the email notification requesting your review.
- Record the Transaction ID number.
Please maximize your browser window from this step on as some buttons are located at the right of the screen.
- Select Requiring Your Action
- Select Transaction ID number for a transaction with Action Item labeled Approve
- Select In-Service Date tab
- Review the In-Service Date for all tasks included in the request and verify that the Confirm Flag is set to “Yes”
- Select Open Purchase/Work Orders tab
- Verify that there are no open purchase orders or work orders as indicated by No Data Found message
- Select Financial Results tab
- Review financial results for the project in the header section (e.g., Form 1/Funding Agreement Amount, Total GL Funded To Date Total Expenditures To Date, Available GL Funding)
- In the GA Funding, Budget, and Expenditures by Task section, review PTD Expenditures (project to date) total and potential Remaining Budget
- As needed, review financials included in the GL Funding by Award section
- Select Instructions for Capital Accounting tab
- Review Comments (e.g., specific closeout instructions for Capital Accounting)
- As needed, review Destination Project Number and Destination Award Number for return of any unused funding
- As needed, review attached Approved Exception to Funding Guidelines file
- If cancellation request, review where expenditures will be reclassified (e.g., the capital project being canceled or another project)
- Select Attachments tab
- Review attached files, if any
- As needed, select Add Attachment to browse and attach additional files
- Select Workflow tab
- Enter Optional Comments
- To approve the request, select Complete
- To reassign the transaction to a different approver, select Reassign under Actions
- To return the transaction to the requester, select Return to Initiator under Actions
- Review other Closeout/Cancel PTA requests assigned to you which are included in Requiring Your Action.